Thursday, August 02, 2007

Getting Closer!

Well, I just checked my Ravelry wait and here is the latest:
7729 people are ahead of you in line.
6919 people are behind you in line

So I am getting CLOSER!

On a Sad note, the bridge collapse in Minneapolis is horrible!
I know that is a major route for everyone in the Twin Cities area and I am concerned about those that I know there. Some of them are part of a Yahoo group I belong to and we heard that they are all okay. But some are personal friends that I have lost touch with over the years. I sent an email to another friend who is still closely in contact with them and I am waiting for the reply.

I hope that alot of people were able to get out safely. I have been hearing conflicting stories on the numbers. We can only hope that people are okay.

All these stories on the news have gotten my Mom worried. So she had a nightmare last night. Which explains her being up at 6:30am this morning.
She is still worried. We are in NYC but our bridges are alot older. So it is understandable that everyone is concerned. But what can you do? You have to get there from here. *sigh*

I just hope she calms down about it all since she can work herself up so much that it affects everything. Her health aide is going to have her watch some Columbo episodes on DVD to distract her. It should help.

Meanwhile it is hot and humid here and is expected to be even hotter today.
Makes it hard to get around to do any errands and the subway stations are stifling!

No comments: