Saturday, August 18, 2007

What a Nice Saturday!

After some horrible storms last night, the weather is cooler than normal for this time of year. There is a nice breeze, it is sunny and no air conditioning needed.

Ravelry standing update:
You are #15526 on the list.
6172 people are ahead of you in line.
10912 people are behind you in line.
34% of the list has been invited so far


Of course, with the earthquake in Peru and all the devastation I am wondering if a former colleague and his family are okay. I believe he retired to his home country and that was Peru. Waiting to hear from a current colleague who keeps in touch with him.

One of our other colleagues is going through some bad health problems. She is around my Mother's age and just got discharged from the hospital. I am trying out some hat patterns in her favorite style, beret, and want to try out a pattern for fingerless gloves for her. I am going to pilot with Carrons Simply Soft and got the cotton yarn from KnitPicks that I ordered for the final version.
My problem is gauge. Finding the right needle size with the yarn to get the correct gauge for each project. *sigh*

It doesn't help that I am exhausted. I have been getting a "second wind" and staying up too late. So I have not gotten enough sleep on a regular basis for the last couple of weeks.

On a happier note, I did finally manage to catch the last Harry Potter movie Order of the Phoenix before the newer movie releases push it off the schedules. I was able to run over to a theater near my office after I went to the dentist last week and catch the 4pm showing. I enjoyed it and I am glad I got a chance to see it on a theater screen instead of just my TV when it comes out on DVD.

I am definitely going to try to enjoy the day before the weather turns again.

No comments: