Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Slow Going

I got stuck at a specific row on clue 1 for The Secret Stole. I would think I had it correct with the correct number of stitches and put it aside to work on when I was more awake. When I came back to it I would discover that I was still off! I redid at least 6 rows and 4 of those twice but I have it corrected now. So hopefully I will be able to start on clue 2 soon. Will it be in time for a pic to be posted by Friday to be in the drawing for the prize? Time will tell.

I have been so busy at work that when I get home I am too tired to work on any of these projects without messing them up as you can see from the above. As soon as I get home I start dinner and feed the cat. If I am lucky the cat has not christened any of the carpets or my bed while getting rid of any hairballs. I never get a chance to eat my dinner as soon as I give Mom hers. Usually as I finally sort of relax to eat, Mom appears to let me know that she couldn't finish everything and she is done. Often she is carrying her plate instead of leaving it on the table for me to take when I am ready. Just another little stress creating thing.

On a more upbeat note, the weather was a little like Fall but had warmed up the other day when I went out to get lunch. Then I had another encounter with the concert venue Cat! She/He was sitting outside in a patch of shade. When I saw her and talked to her she got up to get a scratch. She seemed to hint that she wanted to get back inside so I buzzed, opened the door and let the desk staff know that I was just letting the cat back in. Of course as I said that, the cat was being reluctant to move her butt inside and needed me to give her a little push. Once in she stayed at the door and turned facing me. She was either changing her mind and wanted out again or wanted more attention. Neither which worked for me so I shut the door as I was saying "goodbye and be good". What a character.

No comments: