Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Well, I took a vacation day for today and Tuesday to pad out the Labor Day weekend.
I am a bit burned out and I actually can't ignore work since I have to finish something before a deadline next week and my monthly reporting needs to be checked tomorrow morning. *sigh* But hopefully that won't take long to finish during the weekend.

On a Ravelry note here is my current waiting list standing:
4632 people are ahead of you in line.
14420 people are behind you in line.
36% of the list has been invited so far
So it is progressing along.

Since I have joined two lace knit-a-longs I hope I haven't gotten myself in way too deep.
I have never really worked with lace weight yarn or done a real lace project so it should be an interesting learning experience.
I already mentioned the Secret of the Stole but I also joined secret-of-chrysopolis
That is hosted on the German Yahoo so it will be challenging translating the posts but the organizer will be sending out info in both languages. Whew!

I ordered lace weight yarn for both projects and got this beautiful JaeggerSpun Zephyr in lilac which arrived yesterday from Sarah's Yarns. They have some wonderful yarns at good prices. I ordered two 2 ounce balls late at night on 8/28 and it arrived yesterday 8/30. It is enough for the Secret of the Stole project but not for the other one. They carry cones of it for very reasonable prices which I might order in the future. My Knitpicks Shadow yarn order is almost on it's way. I ordered 2 or 3 different colors in the Shadow yarn and enough of each so I can choose which to use for the Chrysopolis project.

I will post yarn pics soon and perhaps a pic of a swatch!

No comments: